We at Aurum Brothers BV (“Aurum Brothers”) respect your concerns about privacy. This Online Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect at www.AurumBrothers.com (the “Site”) and in our retail stores (“Stores”), how we use the information, with whom we share it, and the choices available to users of our Site regarding our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
Our privacy practices may vary among the countries in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements. You can view the following region-specific information below
- European Union
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The types of personal information users of our Site and customers in Stores submit include:
- contact information (such as name, postal address, telephone number, and email address);
- date of birth and anniversary date;
- login credentials for the Site;
- payment information (such as payment card details); and
purchase and transaction information (including serial numbers for timepiece registration).
The provision of your personal information is voluntary. However, if you do not provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our goods and services, fulfill your requests, or respond to your inquiries.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT BY AUTOMATED MEANS
Our Site also uses third-party plug-ins for Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, TikTok, and YouTube. The providers of these plug-ins may collect your data using automated means when you interact with them. This information is collected directly by the providers of these plug-ins and is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our site, such as Google Analytics. These service providers help us analyze how users use the Site. The information collected for this purpose (including your IP address or other information collected by automated means) will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers. To learn more about opting out of these providers’ activities, click the relevant link below:
Furthermore, the Website uses the following third party analytical cookies:
- Google Adwords
You can opt out of it here: https://rakutenadvertising.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-rights-request-form/
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information described above to:
- provide products and services;
- create and manage your account;
- process your payment;
- to the extent permitted by applicable law and with your consent where required, send you catalogs and other promotional materials, and communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, offers, surveys, and market research;
- respond to your inquiries;
- perform data analyses (including anonymization and aggregation of personal information);
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our products and services; managing our communications; analyzing our products and services; and performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions);
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims, and other liabilities; and
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, and our policies.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
To the extent permitted by applicable law and with your consent where required, we also use information collected through automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users’ visits to our Site, (ii) delivering content (including advertising) tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse our Site, and (iii) managing our Site and other aspects of our business. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we also may use this information to provide you with ads about our products when you browse this and other websites.
You may see our ads on other websites based on your visits to the Site because we engage in retargeting. For example, if you view a particular product on the Site, you may see an ad for that product on a third-party website. Our retargeting activities are handled by service providers that track your activity on the Site and third-party sites by using automated means such as cookies. Accordingly, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we and our service providers may collect information about our visitors’ online activities over time and across third-party websites. To learn how to opt-out of retargeting, click here.
Our Site is not designed to respond to “do not track” requests from browsers.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described in this Online Privacy Notice. We may share personal information with service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. These service providers include: to provide targeted and personalized content, offers, and advertising; process credit card payments; and provide web hosting services. We do not authorize our service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We also may share certain personal information with our affiliates for the purposes described in this Online Privacy Notice. In addition, to the extent permitted by applicable law and with your consent where required, we may share personal information with third parties whose products or services may interest you, or with third-party database providers that other companies may use for their own purposes, including marketing. You have the option to prevent disclosure of your information in connection with a marketing database. Accordingly, you may object at any time free of charge to the use of your personal information in connection with a marketing database or withdraw any consent you previously provided to us and we will apply your preferences going forward. This will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your information based on your consent before its withdrawal.
If you do not wish for your personal information to be used in connection with a marketing database for direct marketing purposes, or, where applicable, you wish to withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, you may ask us to opt-out of this use by contacting us as specified in the How to Contact Us section of this Online Privacy Notice.
In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government entities, and (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation).
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
ACCESS TO SPECIFIC INFORMATION AND DATA PORTABILITY RIGHTS
You have the right, subject to certain exceptions defined in the California Consumer Protection Act (“CCPA”) and other applicable laws and regulations, to request that companies disclose certain information to you about their collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. This right of access includes information about:
- the categories of personal information we collected about you;
- the categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information;
- the categories of personal information that each recipient received; and
- the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
DELETION REQUEST RIGHTS
You have the right, subject to certain exceptions defined in the CCPA and other applicable laws and regulations, to request that a company delete any of your personal information that it has collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions.
EXERCISING ACCESS, DATA PORTABILITY, AND DELETION RIGHTS
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by:
- emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to verify, to a reasonably high degree of certainty, that you are the person about whom we collected personal information. This may include requesting that you provide us with at least two or more pieces of personal information to match against personal information about you that we may or may not maintain and which we have determined to be reliable for the purpose of verification.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period.
DO NOT SELL RIGHTS
You have the right, subject to certain exceptions defined in the CCPA and other applicable laws and regulations, to request that companies stop selling your personal information and refrain from doing so in the future. You may exercise this right by:
- emailing us at email@example.com;
We may deny a Do Not Sell request if we have a good-faith, reasonable, and documented belief that the request is fraudulent.
Only you, or a person you have designated in writing as your authorized agent, or who is registered with the California Secretary of State to act on your behalf, or to whom you have provided power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465, (“Authorized Agent”), may make a verifiable consumer request or do not sell request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request or do not sell request on behalf of your minor child.
If you wish to have an Authorized Agent make a request on your behalf, they will need to provide us with sufficient written proof that you have designated them as your Authorized Agent and we will still require you to provide sufficient information to allow us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected personal information.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- deny you services;
- charge you different prices or rates for services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- provide you a different level or quality of services; or
- suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for services or a different level or quality of services.
To the extent required by applicable law, California residents may ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. To make this request, California residents may contact us as specified in the How to Contact Us section of this Online Privacy Notice.
NOTICE TO NEVADA RESIDENTS
Nevada residents have the right to submit a verified request directing us not to sell their personal information. If you are a Nevada resident and would like to submit such a request, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect from you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists, or submit a request, please contact us as specified in the How to Contact Us section of this Online Privacy Notice. To the extent provided by the law of your jurisdiction, you may request access to the personal information we maintain about you or request that we correct, amend, delete or block the information by contacting us as specified below. You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time to the processing of your personal information, and we will apply your preferences going forward. This will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your information based on your consent before its withdrawal.
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you through the Site to countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected, including to the United States. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided your information. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Online Privacy Notice.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide on the Site against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Site may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked websites are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the websites’ content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
UPDATES TO OUR ONLINE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Online Privacy Notice may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a prominent notice on our Site to notify you of any significant changes to this Online Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated, and/or take any further action required by law.
CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our Site is designed for a general audience and is not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 (or other relevant age, as applicable, pursuant to relevant law) through our Site. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under such age, we will promptly delete the information from our records. If you believe that a child under such age may have provided us with personal information, please contact us as specified below.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or comments about this Online Privacy Notice, would like to exercise your rights or would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact our Customer Support by email at email@example.com. You also may write to:
Aurum Brothers BV
Middelweg 2A, The Netherlands
Attn: Customer Support
European Union Addendum
If you are a resident of the European Union (the “EU”), the following EU-specific provisions apply to our processing of your personal information (i.e., personal data within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”)) in lieu of the relevant sections of this Online Privacy Notice:
- We will collect the following categories of personal information through the Site: contact information you have provided us; date of birth and anniversary date, your login credentials (if you have registered with us); personal information found in the content you provide; and traffic data via automated means of processing (such as cookies).
- We will process the information described above to provide products and services; create and manage your account; send you catalogs and other promotional materials; communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, offers, surveys, and market research; respond to your inquiries; perform data analyses (including web analytics); operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our products and services; and performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions); protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities; comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, and our policies; customize your visits to the Site; and deliver content (including advertising) tailored to your interests.
- We use the information listed above in accordance with our legitimate business interests, in the interests of performing a contract with you, to comply with applicable legal obligations, or with your consent to the processing (where required), which you may withdraw at any time.
- We retain your personal information as long as needed for the purposes for which we obtained it, which generally means for the duration of our relationship or as long as you keep your account open with us, plus a reasonable period to take into account the applicable statute of limitation period or to comply with mandatory applicable law.
- Only authorized personnel of Aurum Brothers, its affiliates and our service providers will have access to your personal information.
- We will not share your personal information with any third parties (such as database providers) for those third parties to market their products or services to you without your consent.
- We require our service providers to process personal information only in accordance with our instructions and to ensure the security of the information.
- In accordance with the GDPR, you have the right to access your personal information, to have your information rectified or deleted, and to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information. You also have the right to receive, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, the personal information that you have provided to us about you, with your consent or based on a contract to which you are party. You have the right to have this information transmitted to another company, where it is technically feasible. You also may lodge a complaint with a data protection authority if you are not satisfied with our responses.
- To exercise your rights, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We use the following categories of cookies on our Site.
o Essential Cookies
These cookies are essential to use and navigate our Site. Essential cookies help us collect information, such as your session ID and other server information, that enables us to authenticate users.
o Functionality Cookies
These cookies collect information about your choices or remember your preferences so we can show you relevant content. They allow us to identify your location and remember your language during a browsing session.
o Analytics Cookies
We use analytics cookies to collect information on how users navigate and use our Site, such as the pages they view, how long they stay on a page, and whether the page is displayed correctly, or whether errors occur. Some of these cookies are provided by third-party analytics providers, including Google Analytics. For more information about these third-party providers’ cookies, please click on the links below:
- For your convenience, we have provided links below to the cookie management instructions for popular web browsers:
- If you would like to opt-out of third-party cookies relating to interest-based advertising, please go to http://optout.aboutads.info/ or http://optout.networkadvertising.org/. Note that opting out does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the company or companies from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns. Opting out of cookies and data collection from one browser, device or app will not necessarily opt you out of a collection from all browsers, devices, or apps.
Types of Personal Data Aurum Brothers Collects
Aurum Brothers obtains Personal Data about Consumers in various ways. For example, Aurum Brothers collects Personal Data directly from Consumers when Consumers visit Aurum Brothers’ website.
The types of Personal Data Aurum Brothers collects directly from Consumers includes:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, telephone number, and email address);
- date of birth
- login credentials for Aurum Brothers’ website;
- payment information (such as payment card details);
- purchase and transaction information (including serial numbers for timepiece registration); and
- data collected automatically through Aurum Brothers’ website (such as IP address, unique device identifier, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on Aurum Brothers’ website, and dates and times of activity);
Aurum Brothers also may obtain and use Consumer Personal Data in other ways for which Aurum Brothers provides specific notice at the time of collection.
Aurum Brothers provides information in this Policy about its Consumer Personal Data practices, including the types of Personal Data Aurum Brothers collects, the types of third parties to which Aurum Brothers discloses the Personal Data and the purposes for doing so, the rights and choices Consumers have for limiting the use and disclosure of their Personal Data, and how to contact Aurum Brothers about its practices concerning Personal Data.
Relevant information also may be found in notices pertaining to specific data processing activities.
Aurum Brothers generally offers Consumers the opportunity to choose whether their Personal Data may be (i) disclosed to third-party Controllers or (ii) used for a purpose that is materially different from the purposes for which the information was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the relevant Consumer. To the extent, Aurum Brothers obtains opt-in consent for certain uses and disclosures of Sensitive Data. Consumers may contact Aurum Brothers as specified below regarding the company’s use or disclosure of their Personal Data. Unless Aurum Brothers offers Consumers an appropriate choice, the company uses Personal Data only for purposes that are materially the same as those indicated in this Policy.
Aurum Brothers shares Consumer Personal Data with its affiliates and subsidiaries. Aurum Brothers may disclose Consumer Personal Data without offering an opportunity to opt-out and may be required to disclose the Personal Data, (i) to third-party Processors the company has retained to perform services on its behalf and pursuant to its instructions, (ii) if it is required to do so by law or legal process, or (iii) in response to lawful requests from public authorities, including to meet national security, public interest or law enforcement requirements. Aurum Brothers also reserves the right to transfer Personal Data in the event of an audit or if the company sells or transfers all or a portion of its business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation).
Aurum Brothers takes reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Consumer Personal Data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Data.
Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation
Aurum Brothers limits the Consumer Personal Data it processes to that which is relevant for the purposes of the particular processing. Aurum Brothers does not process Consumer Personal Data in ways that are incompatible with the purposes for which the information was collected or subsequently authorized by the relevant Consumer. In addition, to the extent necessary for these purposes, Aurum Brothers takes reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Data the company processes is (i) reliable for its intended use, and (ii) accurate, complete and current. In this regard, Aurum Brothers relies on its Consumers to update and correct the relevant Personal Data to the extent necessary for the purposes for which the information was collected or subsequently authorized. Consumers may contact Aurum Brothers as specified below to request that Aurum Brothers update or correct relevant Personal Data.
Subject to applicable law, Aurum Brothers retains Consumer Personal Data in a form that identifies or renders identifiable the relevant Consumer only for as long as it serves a purpose that is compatible with the purposes for which the Personal Data was collected or subsequently authorized by the Consumer.
How to Contact Aurum Brothers
To contact Aurum Brothers with questions or concerns about this Policy or Aurum Brothers’ Consumer Personal Data practices:
Aurum Brothers BV
Middelweg 2A, The Netherlands
Attn: Customer Support